Great Pumpkin Roll
Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 3 p.m.
In 1870, surveyors said “that’s a long view” as they stood on Rock Hill with Mr. O.H. Methvin to map out a new East Texas town, and the rest is history. Now 152 years later, we’re going to roll some pumpkins down that hill. That’s right, Visit Longview and Longview Main Street invite you to the inaugural Longview Great Pumpkin Roll happening Saturday, November, 5.
Uh, what is a Pumpkin Roll? It’s as easy as pumpkin pie, but it isn’t something to eat. Halloween is over, so it’s time to roll your leftover pumpkins down the hill for up to $500 in prizes. Prizes will be given for the farthest rolls or hitting targets.
- When: Saturday, November 5 from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Longview, 420 N. Center Street.
- Participants: Anyone! Kids, adults, locals, visitors. Just show up on the day of the event.
- Cost: $2 per roll, pumpkins are not included. Bring your own pumpkin or buy at the event (limited supply available for $5).
- Prizes: A grand prize of $500 will be awarded to the longest roll. Smaller prizes will be awarded for runners-up..
- Rules: Read the pumpkin roll rules.
Great Pumpkin Roll 2022 Results:
Congratulations to the winners of the 2022 Pumpkin Roll, sponsored by Sugar Magnolia Properties. The longest rolls travelled almost two city blocks, approximately 850 feet! We hope everyone had a great time during the new event. We look forward to seeing everyone next year as we add some new challenges!
- $500 Grand Prize Winner: Marcus Forson.
- $200 Second Place: Drake Horton
- $100 Third Place: Jay Maes
- Pie Eating Contest
- Pictures with the Great Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Maze, and yard games
- Fire Truck ladder ride (3-5 p.m. only)
- Community booths and vendors
- Open House & vendors at the Lab on Center Street
- Ollie’s Skate Shop Downtown Take Over starts at 10 a.m. with a downhill street skating event followed by a street skate competition.
- Downtown Longview Cruise Night car show from 4 - 7 p.m.
Volunteers and Vendors:
Volunteer and have a little FUN! We are asking for volunteers to help out with this event in all sorts of "rolls."
A limited number of vendor spaces are available, with priority given to downtown businesses and arts organizations. Vendors are encouraged to have a fall or pumpkin related theme or activity.
To volunteer, sponsor, or be a vendor, please register online. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship opportunities for the pumpkin roll are limited exclusively to local real estate agencies and agents only. Proceeds benefit One Hundred Acres of Heritage, Downtown Longview’s official non-profit partner organization. To sponsor, please register online..
Great Pumpkin Longest Roll Sponsor Sugar Magnolia Properties
Lil Pumpkin Sponsors:
- Linda Voyles, local Real Estate Agent
Event Map and Parking Information:
On-street parking is available throughout the downtown area. Please be aware that Center Street will be closed throughout the event, as will portions of Methvin Street and Tyler Street. Event parking in various parking lots throughout the downtown area is available as well.