Visit Longview and the Longview Hospitality and Tourism Association (LHTA) invite local Longview businesses to participate in a Hallmark Inspired Christmas Decorating Contest. We hope to bring awareness of your business to our local community and to encourage the local community to support you. We also hope to bring some safe fun to our community as they enjoy the beautiful creations. Cash prizes will be awarded in the amount of $500 for first, and $250 for second. Our hope is that we can bring love to our local businesses by increasing visibility, but also reward two top contenders in the contest with a little cash to use in whatever way they find meaningful.
How to Participate as a Business:
To participate in the free contest, businesses are encouraged to complete a simple registration form and then decorate your storefront. We will place your information on our Visit Longview site to encourage others to visit you. If you want to participate, but don’t wish to be part of the contest, we welcome you to help us create a Hallmark Inspired Christmas.
The rules are simple:
- Business must be in the Longview city limits.
- Decorations must be family friendly, visible from outside, and stay up through the end of December.
- If at all possible, decorations should be visible after closing time for those who view after hours.
- Deadline to register your business for the contest is 5 p.m. CST on Nov. 17, 2020.
- Decorations should be viewable starting Dec. 2, 2020.
- Contest and voting runs from Dec. 2, 2020 to 5 p.m. CST on Dec. 14, 2020.
- Winner will be announced online on Dec. 15, 2020.
How to Vote:
Anyone may vote for their top two favorite business decorations. Limit one vote per person.
- Vote online. Link will be provided beginning Nov. 23, 2020.
- Vote in person at the Visit Longview office within City Hall, 300 W. Cotton St.
- Vote by mail to: Visit Longview, P.O. Box 1952, Longview, TX 75606.